Wednesday 5 August 2009

Change Management – how to create a risk matrix


Following on from my previous post on things to look at when reviewing a Change, it is important to investigate risk to ensure that stakeholders are aware and that appropriate activities are taken to mitigate impact and probability as appropriate.

Using a matrix can be a useful tool as it will enable your Change owners to be able to consistently apply a tangible level of risk to a Change and will avoid the “if in doubt select medium” scenario.

I have used the attached file as a starting point in previous engagements to assign risk levels to Changes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vawns!! I am excited to learn all about ITIL through your blog. I have been out of the IT game for a long time, but I like to at least put on the pretence of keeping abreast. Hope all is well.

    Warm regards,

    Ben
    (ben.pratt@kochmbm.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have this in a excel or word type format to share?

    ReplyDelete

Microsoft Teams 101

One of the things I've been asked about most this week has been how to use Teams for meetings. Teams is basically Microsoft's replac...